We have been made aware that families being served by Fox & Weeks are being contacted by individuals requesting payment over the phone. Fox & Weeks will not contact a family requesting payment over the phone. Please contact the Savannah Police Department immediately if you are contacted and asked to make payment over the phone. Please contact Fox & Weeks if you have any questions.
Popular Funeral and Memorial Service Songs
No two funerals or memorial services are alike, and therefore, individuals planning their own funerals or the service for a loved one should keep personalization in mind. There are several ways to personalize a funeral or memorial service to fully and adequately celebrate and honor the life of a deceased friend or family member. Music is an important part of the funeral or memorial, and many people find comfort during their darkest hour as songs celebrating the lives of the deceased can often serve as a beacon of hope.
Appropriate music is an excellent tribute to the deceased individual, and there are many suggestions and resources available for those planning a funeral.
Religious themed songs
Popular funeral or memorial service songs categorized as religious or spiritual include multiple versions of the following:
- Amazing Grace
- Ave Marie
- Be Not Afraid
- Come As You Are
- Psalm 23
- The Lord is My Shepherd
- Hallelujah "Vocal"
For more "old time" secular and classic songs, individuals frequently choose the following:
- As Time Goes By – Louis Armstrong
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- We'll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
For funeral or memorial service planners, more modern song selections may be more suitable, such as the following:
- A Mother's Prayer – Celine Dion
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- Fields of Gold – Eva Cassidy
- On Eagles Wings – Josh Groban
- Stairway to Heaven – Led Zepplin
More classical or popular instrumental selections include:
- Canon – Pachelbel
- Claire de Lune – Claude Debussy
- Funeral March – Beethoven
- Fur Elise – Beethoven
- Prelude in C minor – Chopin
- Sheep May Safely Graze – J.S. Bach
- The Lark Ascending – Vaughan Williams