The death has occurred of SMSgt. David Anthony Lee
Savannah Georgia formerly of Carnakib, Headford, Co. Galway, Ireland
David Lee Savannah Georgia formerly of Carnakib, Headford, Co. Galway, passed away peacefully at St. Joseph’s Hospital Savannah on the April 15, 2021.
David immigrated to New York in March 1993 and entered the United States Air Force on September 10, 1993 where he honorably served for 24 years earning multiple accolades for his valor and excellence. Throughout an outstanding career, he served in both Iraq and Afghanistan before retiring with the rank of Senior Master Sergeant on November 30, 2017. David was a true patriot with a deep love of country and community.
A truly devoted son, a deeply caring brother and uncle who always put others first, David was always available to help when needed.
Predeceased by his mother Nora (nee Connell), father John Joe, brother Tom and nephew Darren. Deeply regretted by his loving brothers and sisters; John Gerard, Veronica Glynn (New York), Noel (Connecticut), Paraic, Cormac, Ciaran (New York), Yvonne Kelly (Kilmaine), Deirdre Curran (Headford) and Karen McCormack (Carnakib), brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, grand-nieces, grand-nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins and relatives. May David’s gentle soul rest in peace!
The visitation will be from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., Monday, April 19, 2021at Fox & Weeks Funeral Directors, Hodgson Chapel.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church in Savannah. Interment will take place in Arlington National Cemetery at a later date.
We are very sorry to hear of David’s passing. He was blessed to have a loving and caring family. May he Rest In Peace.
- The McStay Family, Croton on Hudson, New York.
Sincere condolences to the Lee family on the sad passing of your brother David. We are thinking of you all at this very difficult time. May he rest in peace.
- Dympna and Seamus Hennelly, Headford, Galway
So sorry to hear about David's passing, condolences to the Lee family, you are in our prayers. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
- Celia & Bridie Reddington , Headford, Galway
We are very sorry to hear this very sad news. Sincere Sympathy to Padraic, Yvonne, Deirdre and all the Lee Family at this very difficult time. May his gentle soul Rest in Peace.
- John & Geraldine Monaghan, Caherlistrane , Co. Galway
sincere condolences to all the lee and extended families on the sudden passing of David at such a young age thinking of you all may his gentle soul rest in peace.
- Patrick mulroe, galway, ireland
My sincere condolences to the lee family Rip david
- Anthony reddington, Malden, Ma
Sincere condolences to all of the Lee family. May he Rest in Peace. Ramona Mallen and Gary Doherty Carnakib
- Ramona Mallen, Headford, County
Thank you for your service....may you RIP
- Sara Mahany, Savannah, Ga
Sincere sympathy to Yvonne & the extended Lee Family. RIP David
- Brian & Cathy Flannery & Family , Kilmaine, Mayo
Deepest sympathies to Yvonne & the extended Lee family on David's sad passing.May he rest in peace.
- Eamon & Maureen Loughlin, Ardkill, Kilmaine Co.Mayo Ireland
Sincere sympathy to David's brothers and sister's on his passing, May he rest in peace.
- Jimmy & Rose Wall, Carnakib Headford Co Galway, Ireland
My sincere condolences to Ciaran and the Lee family on the passing of David. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, may he Rest In Peace
- Joe Mc girl, Nyack, New York
We are very sorry to hear about David's passing. Sincere sympathy to Ciaran, Veronica and all the Lee family at this sad time. Ar Dheis De go raibh a h-anam dilis.
- McElligotts , OrangeburgNew York, New York
Our heartfelt sympathy to Deirdre, John Gerard, Veronica, Noel, Paraic, Cormac, Ciaran, Yvonne, Karen and all the extended family on the untimely death of your truly beloved brother David. May God give you all the strength to cope with your terrible loss. Mayavid RIP with his loved ones gone before him. X
- Pairic and Andrea Hynes, Gurteen, Ballinasloe, Galway
Sincerest sympathy on the passing of your beloved brother, David Anthony. May his brave and noble soul Rest in Peace. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal. Orla Jackson & family, PCH & Kilbeg.
- Orla Jackson, Headford, Galway
We are so sorry to hear of David’s passing. Please know we are sending prayers to Ciaran, Maureen and the entire Lee family at this very sad time.
- Pat & Gillian McGovern, Blauvelt , Ny
So very sorry to hear about David. I met him in Greenfield’s with Mam last year when he was home to see John Joe (Rip). We had a lovely chat. He was a caring lad who spoke about his career in a very modest way. The Lee family must be very proud of him and no doubt will miss him dearly . He is a huge loss to his family, friends and country . May he rest in peace . Martina Reddington.
- Reddington , Moate, Co Westmeath
Our sincere condolences to the Lee family on David’s passing may he Rest In Peace
- Andrew mary duggan, Pearl river, Ny
We are so sorry for your loss and will keep all of you in our prayers.
- Huber, Pearl river, Ny
We are so very sorry to hear this news. He was such a kind gentleman. I remember him playing with all the kids when they were little. May he Rest in Peace and may you all be consoled by the loving Hand of God
- Pat and Peggy Mulligan, Pearl River, NY
Our sincerest condolences to Veronica, Ciaran and the entire Lee family on the passing of their brother David. May David Rest In Peace. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time.
- Ann Fogarty & Family , Blauvelt , New York
Our sincere sympathy to all the Lee family on the passing of your beloved David. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time. May he rest in peace.
- Geraldine and the all the Reddington family, Ballinrobe, ballinrobe, CO MAYO
Our Deepest sympathy to all Lee Family in Ireland and USA on death of of a lovely young man David RIPhe will never be forgotten Paddy Susan Sarah Nigel O Connell and family
- Paddy Susan O Connell and family, Kilmaine, Co Mayo
My sincere condolences on the passing of David. May he rest in peace x
- Richeal Kelly, New York, NY
We are deeply saddened to hear the passing of your beloved brother, nephew and cousin David, he will be greatly missed. You are all in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time. May he rest in peace. All our love
- Rita, Debbie & Richard Donovan, Hitchin , England
We're very sorry for your loss.
- Phyllis Meeehan & Family, Pearl River, NY
Deepest Sympathy to Yvonne, Deirdre, Karen and all the Lee family on the passing of your brother David. Thinking of you all at this sad and difficult time. May David Rest in Peace.
- Therese Keville, Claran, Co. Galway, Ireland
So sad to hear about the passing of David. A kind and gentle neighbour. Thinking of you all at this sad time. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
- Pat and Margaret kenny mullaghmore moylough Galway , Galway , Ireland
Sincere sympathy to the Lee family on the passing of David thinking of ye all at this sad time Anne Marie Mike Darragh and Shannon mahon
- Mahon, Galway, Ireland
Sincere sympathy to all the Lee family on the sad and untimely death of your beloved David, RIP.. Ní imithe uainn atá sé, ach imithe romhainn. Go ndéanfaidh Dia trócaire ar a anam uasal.
- Willie Cunningham, Roscommon Town, Rep. of Ireland
Sincere condolences to the Lee family on the passing of your dear brother David . May his gentle soul Rest in peace ,
- Walter & Sarah Steed, Headford ., Co . Galway
May he rest in peacel
- Gerard Lee, London home headford co galway, Ireland
Sincere sympathy to the Lee family on the sad death of David. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
- Patricia & John O'Malley and family , Ashford, Cong, Co. Mayo , Ireland
To all the Lee Family at home and afar our sincere condolences on the sudden death of David. We had a great catch up when he was home for John Joe's funeral. Makes it all the more meaningful now. May he Rest in peace.
- Ger and Deirdre Halloran and Family, Galway , Ireland
Our deepest condolences to John Gerard, Veronica, Padraic, Cormac, Karen, Deirdre, Yvonne, Noel, Kieran and to their families on the untimely passing of David. Our prayers are with you to help give you strength through this difficult time. May God grant David eternal rest in Heaven.
- Kevin & Martina O'Connell and family., Camano Island, WA
Sympathy to the Lee family
- Dympna Greaney, Galway , Ireland
Deepest sympathy to the Lee family at this very difficult time. May David's gentle soul rest in peace.
- Tommy O Flaherty , Claregalway , Co Galway
My sincere sympathy to the Lee family on the sad passing of David. Thinking of you all at this difficult time. May he Rest in Peace.
- Jacqueline O'Connell, Galway, GALWAY
So sorry for your loss. Sincere sympathies to you all. May he rest in peace.
- Monty & Marcella Heneghan , Kilroe Headford Co. Galway , Ireland
Our deepest sympathy to all the Lee family in Ireland and USA on the great loss of David. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
- Frank & May Kenny, Galway, CO.GALWAY
Services under the direction of:
Fox & Weeks Funeral Directors, Hodgson Chapel
- 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Mon, April 19, 2021
- Fox & Weeks Funeral Directors, Hodgson Chapel
7200 Hodgson Memorial Drive (map)
Savannah GA 31406
- Mass of Christian Burial
- 11:00 a.m. on Tue, April 20, 2021
- St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church