Careers at Fox and Weeks
January 28, 2015
Funeral Assistant (full time)
Fox & Weeks is seeking a full-time Funeral Assistant. This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. The Funeral Assistant will set-up and work viewings, funeral services, memorial services, etc. as well as be responsible for the care, removal and transport of human remains in accordance with all state, local and company policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of tasks during funerals and visitations to assist funeral directors and ensures that services run smoothly as planned
- Direct calls accordingly
- Greet and receive client families and/or other persons entering the office for information and assistance
- Maintain a friendly attitude while offering assistance and guidance to all persons entering the funeral home
- Assist passengers in and out of limousine with special emphasis and patience given to the handicapped and elderly
- Assist the Funeral Director in the movement of the casketed deceased and other related paraphernalia in and out of the visitation area, funeral home chapel, church or other place of service
- Drive the hearse, family limousine or other vehicle in the funeral procession and/or other funeral related activities
- Performs removals of deceased from hospital, nursing home or residence to transport to funeral home.
- Assist licensed personnel in the care for deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include embalming, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling, and any other preparation required for human remains.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Applicants must have a flexible schedule, professional appearance and good attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and team player
- Compassionate towards others
- Ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
- Must be able to work on a rotating on call schedule
- Ability to lift 75lbs+
Fox & Weeks is proud to offer an outstanding benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, a 401K contribution program, paid vacations and holidays as well as a competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Fox & Weeks is and equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Fox & Weeks at (912) 352-7200 or email email@example.com to apply for this position or request more information.